Professor and Head of the Centre for Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Salary: An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated
Working hours: Full time 1.0 FTE
Basis of Employment: Fixed Term for 5 Years -The appointee will retain an underlying continuing position as a level E in the faculty.
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
Established in 2001 as a founding Centre of the Melbourne School of Population and Global Health at the University of Melbourne, the Centre for Epidemiology and Biostatistics is at the forefront of a preventative health revolution. Big data, changing infectious diseases patterns, and multi-disciplinary collaborations are transforming the ways public health.
For more information: http://mspgh.unimelb.edu.au/centres-institutes/centre-for-epidemiology-and-biostatistics
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an experienced academic with an outstanding research track record to enable the strategic vision and direction for the Centre, ensuring that it remains at the forefront of Epidemiology and Biostatistics research and teaching in Australia. The successful candidate will foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation across the Centre’s 13 specialised units.
You will be expected to drive innovative research, individually and jointly with colleagues, supervise research staff and doctoral students, contribute to leadership of teaching programmes, and be active in seeking funding from a range of sources.
Full responsibilities of the role can be found in the attached position description.
You will have demonstrated excellence in Epidemiology and Biostatistics in areas that expand on and are complementary to existing strengths at CEB and the Melbourne School of Population. and Global Health (MSPGH).
You will possess.
- A doctoral qualification or other relevant higher degree
- Evidence of national or international standing in the field of Epidemiology or Biostatistics with a track record of fostering collaboration and innovation
- Demonstrated academic leadership in fostering the academic activity of others and making a significant contribution to the advancement of the discipline. A strong track record of mentorship.
- Experience in securing and managing research funding from national and international sources. A successful record of leading large national/international research teams.
Full selection criteria of the role can be found in the attached position description.
The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences has an enviable research record and is the University of Melbourne’s largest faculty in terms of management of financial resources, employment of academic and professional staff, teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate (including research higher degree) students and the conduct of basic and applied research. The faculty’s annual revenue is $628m with approximately 55% of this income related to research activities. http://mdhs.unimelb.edu.au
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental, and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading.
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and related experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applications close: Friday 14 July 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Position description: FINAL RFQ08150-BS_DirectorOfCEBBrochure_A4.pdf
More searches like this
- Biological Sciences Senior Management & Heads of Department Australia jobs in Parkville
- Biological Sciences Heads of department / Chairs of department Australia jobs in Parkville
- Biological Sciences Academic Posts Australia jobs in Parkville
- Biological Sciences Professors / Chairs Australia jobs in Parkville