- Full-time fixed term position until July 2025 based at our Camperdown campus, with hybrid working options available
- Utilise your exceptional administrative skills to support the work area, including diary management, providing advice on policy and procedures, and sourcing solutions
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is now ranked 38th in the world for 2022 university rankings, moving up 5 places in the last year. Our graduate employability is 1st in Australia, and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in Medicine are rated 1st in Australia, and 18th in the world.
As such, we are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University's ambitious strategic plan, we are seeking an Administration Officer to utilise their extensive diary management and administrative experience and judgement, helping to analyse matters and provide advice on policy and procedures for the delivery of work outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage the delivery of daily administration activities and services, providing guidance to colleagues on the ongoing activities of the office and ensuring high quality, efficient administrative support is provided in a pro-active manner to staff, students, clients, and visitors, including responding to or directing queries to the appropriate department, guidance on how to resolve similar issues and ensuring appropriate action is taken as required
- analyse incoming correspondence, independently initiates appropriate action where possible and/or ensure the matter is forwarded appropriately to the relevant individual/specialist for resolution
- act as a point of contact on HR operational matters, including assisting managers and staff with the completion of HR forms, leave bookings, policy navigation, and other HR information or policy matters
- provide high level administrative support including diary management, travel, and accommodation management
- ensure the appropriate coordination of meetings including agenda and minute preparation, venue booking, catering and IT facilities, including the coordination and delivery of events, conferences, workshops, and alumni related activities.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- the ability to relate to people at all levels (e.g., senior management, supervisor, and operational levels), and build a network and to meaningfully and effectively consult with both internal and external stakeholders
- proficient time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve required outcomes with keen attention to detail
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- well-developed negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills together with a high level of tact, diplomacy and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- administrative experience in a tertiary organisation, working knowledge of academic institutions, structures, and the higher education sector is desirable.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Consultant, via email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 05 June 2023 11:59 PM