Program Director Student Health and Wellness
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 22 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
One of the key priorities of KU-CMHS is student health and wellness. The Program Director for Student Health and wellness is responsible for providing oversight, leadership and direction for the development and implementation of best practice programs designed to support student wellbeing and mental health. Ensure the wellness programs encompass both physical and emotional wellness that enables students to thrive academically and personally throughout their medical school experience and on into Residency.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Department's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- The Program Director Student Health and Wellness , manages and administers policies and programs to promote wellness programs to students and plans specific activities aimed at improving students health, wellbeing and fitness.
- Advocate for student success by creating and maintaining a healthy environment and be responsible for serving the health and wellness needs of CMHS student population
- Collaborate with all stakeholder to deliver structured wellness programs
- Ensure comprehensive, high quality, cost-effective mental health and wellness services, prevention and education to CMHS students:
- Collaborate with Student Affairs leadership and other CMHS personnel in fulfilling strategic goals and formulating policies that support student mental health and wellness.
- Provice strategic direction as to range of services and programs offered and monitor student satisfaction and utilization of such services and programs
- Direct outreach and align programming to ensure a vast array of relevant mental health services and promotion efforts are offered to students at the appropriate developmental stage of the CMHS student experience.
- Provide leadership for the development of culturally appropriate programs and services that meet the needs of a diverse student population of CMHS.
- Collaborate with college Deans about learning, social and behavioural problems that students may be experiencing and formulate individuaised wellness programs to support the students
- Coordinate and manage effective health and wellness communication, marketing, and outreach efforts. Platforms could include, but are not limited to social media, newsletters, print toolkits, and multimedia campaign in collaboration with KU marketing team.
- Understand students’ concerns and assist with initial adjustment to university academic life; develop material that would help students in transitioning into medical school
- Refer students to counseling or support as required and follow up on their progress.
- Foster a culture of highest ethical professional standards.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
Qualifications & Experience
PhD or MD from an accredited college or university in health education/ health promotion, public health, higher education, student affairs, social sciences or directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research, healthcare delivery, and/or service at a level commensurate of Assistant Professor or above.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in medical education
- Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time