Job reference: 0000020331
Date posted: 19/05/2023
Application closing date: 05/06/2023
Salary: £27,929 - £34,308 per annum
Package: Excellent Benefits Package
Contractual hours: 36.5
Basis: Full Time
We are seeking a Catering Supervisor to join our in-house catering team, responsible for delivering exceptional catering services across all University buildings and Campus. As a leader within team, the Catering Supervisor will ensure the service is cost-effective while maintaining a high standard of service, catering to the needs of both internal and external customers. The role holder will also support the University's core business within commercial constraints and meeting customer experience expectations.
Edinburgh Napier hosts Language Schools each summer for a period of 6 weeks, as part of the role there is the requirement to support and work evenings and weekends during this period.
Responsibilities will include
- Continuously improve and enhance the catering service
- Ensure that all financial and stock-taking processes are managed in adherence to University governance, procurement guidelines, and health & safety and auditing requirements.
- managing shift and leave rotas
- delivering training to staff to ensure compliance with H&S
- Monitoring financial performance and reporting on profit and loss, waste minimisation, and gross profit percentage.
The ideal candidate will have the follow experience
- ILM level 2 qualification
- Recognised Catering Management qualification or have a demonstrable equivalent experience in a catering environment.
- Risk Assessment training
- Demonstrable experience in driving sales, managing a high performing, high volume catering service, and adapting service in accordance with industry trends and food concepts.
- Experience in marketing and merchandising catering outlets
- Managing staff using HR policies
- Working towards KPIs is also desirable.
If you would like to learn more about this role, please click here.
Benefits we offer
Salary: £27,929 - £34,308 per annum (Grade 4) plus excellent benefits
We offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement, and offer an attractive benefits package.
- hybrid working and flexible working opportunities
- minimum of 36 days annual leave (including 10 fixed holidays)
- a generous pension scheme (employer contribution of 20.8%)
- nationally agreed pay increases each year
- various learning and development opportunities
- discounted access to onsite and local gym facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts
For more information on our wide range of benefits, click here.
Closing Date: 5 June 2023
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. Please see here for more information.