Procurement Assistant, (Procurement)
Procurement Assistant is responsible for assisting with department initiatives and services, assist with Inventory / Logistics, Tracking Stock supplies movements, Purchases, in alignment with established guidelines, policies and procedures to maintain filing and record system for all department documentation.
- Support all the activities procurement and logistics activities with the established procurement and logistics policies and procedures, and promote high standards of business ethics and integrity;
- Assist with different department related activities;
- Communicate with vendors/suppliers, in terms of purchase request, request of quotations, requests for proposals, tenders, variations…etc., in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Assist in coordinating procurement activities with suppliers for the sourcing of materials, and preparation of procurement documents, in line with established policies and procedures;
- Provide timely and accurate responses to external bidders/contractors in an ethical manner while complying with KU procurement policies and procedures.
- Assist in coordinating the technical evaluation process, and participate in the commercial evaluation on the technically acceptable bids, and prepare award recommendations.
- Assit in prepararing management approval documentation as per KU procurement policies and
- Assit in establishing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and suppliers to get the best procurements for price for KU.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with internal customers/end users and ensure that their requirements are efficiently and effectively catered to in accordance with the established procurement policies and procedures.
- Follow up with vendors and track overdue purchase orders.
- Ensure all laid down policies relating to stores as given in the accounting manual and internal instructions are complied with;
- Initiate, compile and forward all purchase requisitions within the specific target dates or as required;
- Ensure day to day update of all transactions recorded;
- Assist in any other related duties as and when required;
- Assist other department staff as required with procurement duties;
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, Procurement activities, payment terms and best practices
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- An Associate Degree or Diploma in a related field.
- Expats: A minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 0-1 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time