Teaching Assistant, Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for the position of Teaching Assistant. The appointment will be on a contract basis, renewable based on performance.
- Conduct tutorial classes (10 ~ 12 hours per week during term time)
- Facilitate group discussion
- Hold consultation hours
- Help lecturers prepare course materials
- Invigilate and grade assessments
- Monitor online forum
Your application package should comprise the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- If available, evidence of effective teaching; e.g. student feedback and evaluations
- Teaching Philosophy: A statement of teaching philosophy, including goals and approaches
- Teaching History: A summary of modules taught (if applicable)
- Three Reference Letters. Please ask your referees to email their letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject <Reference for TA application – name of candidate>
- A Bachelor's (Honors) Degree in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/Computing/Data Science or related areas.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Able to convey information in a clear, concise, and interesting manner.
- Able to work cooperatively as a member of a team and manage groups at the undergraduate level.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mathematics
Job requisition ID : 17634