Research Fellow in Energy Studies Institute, AIMMER Study
Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
The ESI has undertaken a research project on the “An Integrated Model for Maritime Emission Reduction”. The study team is looking for researchers with relevant experience and expertise in the fields of energy systems modelling and analysis, or other related quantitative research fields.
- Estimate future emissions from international shipping under different scenarios.
- Monitor the ongoing emission reduction measures/policies in international shipping.
- Develop analytical model for impact assessment.
- Analyse and quantify the potential impacts of various combinations of emission reduction measures, adoption of zero-carbon fuels, and/or emission reduction regulations.
- Contribute to research publications, presentations, reports and funding proposals.
- Possess a PhD degree or above in economics, applied statistics, transport studies, industrial systems engineering, management science, maritime engineering, operations research, or other related quantitative research fields.
- Possess knowledge and experience in economic and quantitative analysis (e.g., macroeconomics and applied econometrics)
- A good understanding and interest in the nature and energy usage of international shipping and climate change mitigation.
- Relevant research experience in emission projection, especially in the maritime industry.
- Preferably with strong modelling and programming skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Research