Research Fellow, Ecohydrological Modeling
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for one Research Fellow (Postdoc) position in Ecohydrological Modeling to begin in early 2023.
The project “On the origin of droughts in Mainland Southeast Asia implications for water and energy security” aims to disentangle the origin of recent droughts in Southeast Asia and, therefore, determine how management and climatic influences are affecting the spatial distribution of water availability in the present and in the future.
In particular, the project aims to:
- quantify the spatio-temporal variability of water fluxes in the hydrosphere and biosphere,
- quantify how water management interventions redistribute water availability,
- examine how future changes in hydro-climatological conditions and anthropogenic interventions will affect droughts in the next decades, and
- determine how future droughts will affect water and power supply security.
The candidate will be responsible for completing the scientific tasks of the project, leading and contributing to publications, and is expected to work closely with the other postdoctoral fellows that will be hired in the project. Besides contributing to the research activities of the project, the successful applicant is expected to support in a broader sense the research of the Ecohydrology group at NUS, thereby providing occasional support to graduate students (MSc and PhD).
Additional information about the position may be obtained by writing to A/Prof. Simone Fatichi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Further information on the Department is available at: https://www.eng.nus.edu.sg/cee
- Possess a PhD degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science or related disciplines.
- Very solid numerical skills, including programming skills (e.g., Matlab, R, Python).
- Demonstration of innovative scientific results obtained during the PhD.
- Excellent communication skills and capability to present research findings in publications.
- Good written and spoken communications.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Note: Applications should include in a single .pdf file:
- a motivation letter,
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications, and
- contacts of 3 reference persons plus the contact of your PhD supervisor.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18480