Clinical Academic, Exercise Physiology
- Institute of Health and Wellbeing – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for two years
- Academic Level B - $101,061 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Institute of Health and Wellbeing offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in exercise and sports science, nursing, midwifery, paramedicine, psychology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, public health, speech pathology, work health and safety, and research.
As an integral member of our team, you will contribute to the development and delivery of clinical exercise services to the community through the Federation University Health and Clinical Exercise Centre and contribute to the delivery of teaching in the Master Clinical Exercise Physiology program.
- deliver assessment, treatment and consultive services to clients presenting at the Federation University Health and Clinical Exercise Centre;
- supervise postgraduate and undergraduate students undertaking work integrated learning;
- contribute to student and staff research projects; and
- undertake teaching and assessment of postgraduate students.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. This includes:
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
You will work collaboratively with staff within the Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology program. You will possess proven industry experience providing assessment, treatment, interventions and consultive services across a broad range of Clinical Exercise Physiology scope of practice.
You will possess:
- accreditation as a Clinical Exercise Physiologist with clinical experience at a Grade 2 level or equivalent industry experience;
- demonstrated experience supervising students in a clinical setting using a student-centered approach;
- desire and ability to contribute to the teaching of courses within the Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology program; and
- demonstrated commitment to evidence-based practice when implementing clinical exercise assessments, treatments, interventions and consultation.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 4 June 2023
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume.
To view the position description, please visit careers.federation.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our Health Sports and Aquatics Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen, SMB and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_6dvxP8cA.
Federation University is committed to The Circle Back Initiative program, whereby we will respond to every applicant.