Networks Support Officer
- Full-time continuing position based at our Camperdown campus
- Manage the development and implementation of work stream project plans to support the Faculty of Medicine and Health's Research Networks
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is now ranked 38th in the world for 2022 university rankings, moving up 5 places in the last year. Our graduate employability is 1st in Australia, and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in Medicine are rated 1st in Australia, and 18th in the world.
As such, we are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University's ambitious strategic plan, we are seeking a Networks Support Officer who will provide general project and operational support to several of the 12 FMH Research Networks, assisting the implementation and delivery of business and operational activities and tasks in order to meet established objectives, milestones, and deliverables. Our networks actively encourage collaboration and focus on large-scale groupings including the Cancer Research Network, Cardiovascular Initiative, and the Digital Health & Informatics Network, amongst others.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- report to the Networks Project Manager in this newly created team
- provide project and operational support to FMH Research Networks
- support the development and implementation of work stream project plans to meet project objectives including events such as conferences
- implement business processes to monitor project delivery
- build relationships and support project communications with stakeholders, including website maintenance and delivery, electronic communications, newsletters and e-mailouts
- provide project financial management support.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- a tertiary qualification in a relevant field, such as research, communications, project management
- experience working in the higher education sector
- project management and administration experience
- ability to produce/source/edit various types of content including images, audio and video for a range of publications/media
- excellent administrative skills with a solid understanding of the project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies
- strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Faiza Khan, Recruitment Consultant, via email to Faiza.email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 31 May 2023 11:59 PM