Post-Doctoral Associate in the Division of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
The New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Associate effective September 2023. He will work under the supervision of Dr. Raed Hashaikeh, Professor of Mechanical Engineering. The project aims to develop advanced, functional membranes for desalination, at bench-level and on a pilot-scale. The postdoctoral fellow will join a team of researchers and graduate students from various sub-fields, and will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities in the WRC.
- Work alongside peers with unique and creative backgrounds in physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science engineering and mechanical engineering.
- Conduct research on the development of novel functional materials to assist membrane-based desalination such as reverse osmosis, forward osmosis, nanofiltration and membrane distillation.
- The candidate will be required develop desk, field, and/or lab based studies to explore issues and address challenges related to desalination, and post-desalination treatments.
- Take part in generating reports, drafting patents, authoring publications, and attending conferences
- Prepare data for presentation at lab and departmental meetings and/or conferences.
- Performing analyses in collaboration with other researchers locally and internationally
- Limited teaching activities
- A PhD in either Chemical, Materials Science, mechanical engineering or environmental engineering; PhD must have been completed on or before July 2023.
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative, supportive team culture encouraging trust and cooperation among all team members.
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Candidates are also required to have first-author publication experience.
- Has published peer reviewed articles in the field of study
- An overall knowledge of all technical aspects of research laboratory science is essential, including but not limited to
- Research experience in membrane fabrication methods and familiarization with common membrane characterization tools such as XRD, TGA, DSC, DMA, BET, porometer, etc.
- Prior expertise in analytical chemistry is an asset.
- Prior experience in organic chemistry
This position will begin in September 2023 as a two-year contract, renewable depending on performance.
Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. The salary for this position is competitive with exciting benefits, including housing, medical insurance, annual home leave allowance and (if relevant) dependent school fees. Salaries are tax-free in the UAE. Questions regarding specifics for this position may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org All applications must be submitted through Interfolio. Applications should include a 1-2-page cover letter that responds to the required and desired experiences described above, and a copy of a current CV; research statement with copies of publications; and 2 recommendation letters has to be submitted.
This position is not located in the United States. You must be willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.