[AY 23-24] Vice Dean - College of Business & Management
THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
Through its excellence in teaching, research and innovation, the College of Business & Management (CBM) aims to nurture and develop competent business professionals, leaders and entrepreneurs with integrity who are critical thinkers and aspire to move Vietnam to a respectful position in the world.
The College offers two degree programs: Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management. With our AACSB compliance, Cornell University certified curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become leaders and innovators with entrepreneurial mindset, to be employed by top employers or successfully self-employed.
With a vision to become a research focused college, the College of Business and Management will soon offer different graduate programs and provide the desirable research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in business. Moreover, with the advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of leading companies such as Vinpearl, Vinhomes, VinHMS, VinFast, VinTech, and Vincom Retail, the College will collaborate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough products, services and solutions.
The College of Business & Management at VinUniversity is recruiting a Vice Dean who will work closely with and support the Dean with the ongoing development and realization of the vision and goals of the College, work with other leaders and colleagues across the University to pursue those goals, and effectively communicate the College’s vision and goals to and secure necessary supports from constituencies within and external to VinUniversity. Vice Dean will lead and support the initialization, design, development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the highest-quality curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs; the accomplishment of outstanding research outcomes by faculty; successful admissions and retention of high-quality students; and recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty and staff members of the College.
- Ensure alignment of the vision and goals of the College with the vision and mission of VinUniversity.
- Promote, encourage, and initiate interdisciplinary collaborations within the College and across the Colleges at VinUniversity.
- Oversee academic programs in the College as well as the centers/institutes/labs within it and make sure the academic programs meet the evolving mission of the College, align with the College’s strategic plan, and meet the needs of students and faculty.
- Work with all constituency groups to ensure that the academic programs of the College achieve high global/national/regional ranking, and a good placement with respect to the College’s peer or aspirational benchmark group.
- Support recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty and staff.
- Support the faculty to develop outstanding research portfolio and outcomes.
- Collaborate with the university’s admission division to recruit, retain, and graduate high-quality students.
- Lead and ensure student success in and beyond the classroom by building high-quality educational and life-supporting programs.
- Develop and build mutually beneficial partnerships between the College and business/industry, not-for-profit organizations, and other educational institutions. Nurture industry relationships that provide student internships, graduate career opportunities, scholarships, and other fundraising prospects. Play the role of a key contact to promote/collaborate with Vingroup P&Ls and Vietnamese authorities.
- Lead and oversee efficient and effective internal operations of the College.
- Lead the planning and development of action plans and budgets.
- Ensure effective communications with VinUniversity’s leaders and other departments.
- Play a key oversight role in accreditation process and program review for continuous improvement of the College.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via: http://apply.interfolio.com/99778 and send (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume.
Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning Jan 2022 and will continue until the positions are filled. The desired start date is August 2022 or earlier, subject to negotiation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes).
PRESS ABOUT VINUNIVERISTY
VNExpress >> VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Forbes Vietnam >> VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Vietnamnews >> VinUniversity inaugurates its first academic year
Vietnamnet >> VinUniversity achieves QS 5-star rating standards
Cornell Chronicle >> VinUnversity's Founding Provost - Professor Rohit Verma
Cornell Daily Sun >> Cornell-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam Economic Times >> Cornell-UPenn-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam News >> VinUniversity creates breakthrough in Higher Education quality
Philadelphia Business Journal >> Penn Medicine extends global reach to Vietnam
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Vietnamese-origins who are qualified for appointment as an associate professor or professor in the field in an accredited university
- Doctoral degree required, preferred from a prestige institution
- At least five years’ successful experience in progressively responsible teaching, research, educational, and administrative leadership positions in a university setting
- Experience with accreditation such as AACSB and ranking such as QS
- Demonstrated successful experience in strategic planning, fiscal management, resource allocation, and personnel supervision
- Have a high spirit and strong passion for education; demonstrate distinction and/or strong potential in research; Agile to embrace changes and take on new challenges; open-minded to new and different environments; team-player willing to contribute to organizational goals and initiatives
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Broad knowledge of the philosophy and mission of private universities
- Knowledge of curriculum design and its application to sound academic management
- Ability and skill in the design and application of methods for the evaluation of faculty and staff
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, complex ideas and recommendations
- Ability to carry out the functions of leadership along a planned program of institutional direction
- Ability to manage a college/school academic budget; ability to establish and monitor fiscal accountability within the areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff, and students as well as community groups of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Possess strong professional networks