Research Associate, Electrical Engineer
NUS is looking for a Research Associate to work on EV drive-train inverter based on Wide-bandgap (WBG) semiconductor devices.
The job requires the candidate to simulate WBG based inverters with device characteristics, build the required hardware setups, work closely with liquid cooling team to integrate the cooling system, and produce detailed experimental results for the hardware prototypes. The candidate also needs to assist in the development of a demonstratable product according to the best design etched through research and should be tested as per the EV industry’s requirement.
- Possess a recognised Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with specialisation in Power converters and drives.
- At least 2 years’ working experience at industry in the area of power converter development is preferred.
- Able to work independently by conducting experiments alone or in teams when required and possess strong experimental validation experience.
- Familiar with working of various WBG device-based power electronic converters and their soft-switching techniques.
- Familiar with state-of-the-art simulation platforms such as MATLAB/Simulink, PSIM and PLECS.
- Familiar with multi-objective optimal design of power converters, and PCB design tools such as Altium designer or equivalent.
- Familiar with controller implementation and experimental troubleshooting.
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, with teams, governmental agencies and collaborators.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18763