Research Assistant, Department of Paediatrics
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant to support ongoing and planned birth cohort studies such as the Growing Up in Singapore Towards healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) and Singapore PREconception Study of Long-Term Maternal and Child Outcomes (S-PRESTO) studies in the Department of Paediatrics, Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. More information on the studies are available at www.gusto.sg and https://www.s-presto.sg/. Appointments will be made on an annual contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of study measures in a timely manner. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as subject follow-ups, sample and data collection and processes, data entry and analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will be involved in conducting research visits and study procedures in the GUSTO and S-PRESTO birth cohorts and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI) and Project Lead.
The RA will:
- Assist with Subject study visits, perform study procedures and collection of data sets and to adhere strictly to approved Study protocol, Good Clinical Practice and other applicable regulatory bodies;
- Assist with grant status reports and preparation of study progress slides during regular meetings with Co-Is and Collaborators;
- Assist with sample processing, storage and analysis;
- Assist with consolidation of data, data cleaning and data analysis;
- Conduct literature review, manuscript preparation and administrative aspects in relation to grant write up and submissions;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI and/or Project Lead.
The applicant should:
- Have a Bachelors in Biomedical science, Allied Health or related field;
- Have Basic Laboratory skills e.g pipetting, centrifugation
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail;
- have basic computer literacy to applications such as MS office, excel, PowerPoint and Adobe;
- have experiences in the conduct of clinical studies, performing skin prick test, data and sample collection will be advantageous
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Alicia Kang at email@example.com
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18798