Research Assistant, ACI
The RAs will be members of the ACI research team, working under ACI Director, Professor Paul Cheung, to work on a number of projects.
We are specifically looking for candidates with experience in quantitative research methods and familiar with economic development of Asian countries and economies, and their trade relationships. Candidate must be comfortable and proficient with statistical software such as STATA, and advanced programming languages.
Candidates should have an interest in public policies and economies, as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a strong willingness to learn about new topics and tools. Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect, clean, format and prepare research data
- Perform quantitative data analysis, simulation and estimation on ongoing and new research projects
- Independently collect and manage primary and/or secondary data for research projects
- Contribute to papers, research briefings, book chapters and summaries
- Prepare presentation materials for meetings, conference, etc
- Prepare manuscripts for submission, and other administrative work
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Economics, Mathematics or equivalent. Fresh graduates are welcomed.
- Familiar with Economic Development of Asian countries and economies, and their trade relationships
- Possess experience in conducting quantitative research will be preferred
- Possess experience in preparing independently literature reviews, data collection and data analysis, etc
- Demonstrate good organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Able to commit to at least 1 year of service
Please include the following documents in the application:
- One-page cover letter, with a brief statement of relevant research experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates & Transcripts (undergraduate and Masters, as relevant): Scanned copies for initial application
- One writing sample (min. 500 words)
- Details of two referees (preferably academic) who can comment on the applicant’s academic abilities and research experience
Please send electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department : Asia Competitiveness Institute
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18159