Learning Technologist (Learning Environments)
- Learning technologies role within Swinburne University
- Full time, fixed term position to December 2024 at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW 7 salary + 17% superannuation
About the Role
The Learning Transformations Unit at Swinburne University of Technology is looking for a Learning Technologist to join the team.
The Learning Technologist (Learning Environments) will work with teaching and learning teams to provide development, enhancement, training in and support of the University’s Higher and Vocational Education learning environments and related services. The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating the review of current learning environments, including piloting of new delivery modes, evaluation, training, and resource development to enable capability building of staff in using all aspects of on-site learning spaces.
The role will also provide expert advice and coordination in teaching materials and technologies for enhanced face-to-face delivery within all physical learning environments in line with Swinburne’s Learning and Teaching strategic goals.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Demonstrated experience in working with Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience in, technology enhanced learning and teaching in tertiary education (higher education and/or pathways and vocational education).
- Ability to train and support academic and teaching staff in the use of the LMS and learning technologies for online and blended learning and assessment
- Ability to liaise with staff across the University and externally to support the embedding of technology in learning and teaching
- Relevant degree and/or relevant experience in the areas of technology enhanced learning
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Tuesday 30th May 2023, 5pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant