Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Accounting
Queen's Management School at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Accounting.
This is a key post within the Queen’s Management School’s Accounting Department. At a time of growth, the successful candidates will have the opportunity to shape and strengthen the future direction of the Accounting Department from both a research and teaching perspective. Our supportive research environment enables attendance at international conferences, facilitates the pursuit of high-quality publications and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders. It also offers extensive support to early career colleagues to develop their research programme and expertise. The appointed candidate will get the opportunity to interact and work with colleagues whose research is internationally renowned for excellence and high societal impact.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A PhD in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Indication of or already recognised excellence and reputation in line with norms for the specific post applied to.
- Indication of or sustained publication record of international excellence in line with norms for the specific post applied to.
- Experience of teaching and assessment in Accounting at university level in line with norms for the specific post applied to.
- Demonstrable excellence in classroom teaching and online delivery of teaching.
In your cover letter please clearly indicate the post you are applying to, and please refer to the relevant job descriptions for additional essential criteria relating to research, teaching, and management/administration.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.