Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in School of Science and Technology
The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) is the newest Singapore government-funded university. Since its establishment in 2005, the University has leveraged on its strong relationships with industry to offer a unique applied curriculum for working adults that produces graduates who are confident, highly skilled, and job-ready. In 2014, it began to offer full-time degree programmes to fresh school leavers, with a curriculum designed to develop graduates who embody the 3 Hs: Head (professional competence and job readiness), Heart (social awareness and consciousness), and Habit (self-directed and lifelong learning).
To support the mission of the University, the SUSS Core provides a transformative experience for all SUSS undergraduates by focusing on educating the whole person cognitively, socially, and creatively. SUSS will be launching a new suite of core courses to equip students with a set of values, skills and knowledge to develop them into adaptive and resilient global citizens who are able to meet the challenges of the 21st century. These courses aim to enable our students to appreciate complex issues in local and global contexts, enhance their understandings of individuals, communities and relationships, and empower them to contribute meaningfully to society through interdisciplinary approaches and experiential learning.
We are looking for individuals who believe and embody the 3 Hs, are knowledgeable in their fields and have an inter-disciplinary outlook and aligned with the direction and approach of the SUSS Core to join our faculty team. The responsibilities of full-time faculty members include teaching and developing courses, conducting academic and/or applied research, and being involved in activities in the service of SUSS and outside of SUSS that may include outreach to industry and involvement in industry projects.
- Qualifications from a reputable university. Ph.D. candidates nearing completion will also be considered.
- Candidates with teaching and/or working experience in the relevant area will have an added advantage.
- Candidates with experience developing and delivering courses using interdisciplinary and experiential learning approaches, particularly global learning and/or service-learning will also have an added advantage during the selection process.
- High level of integrity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of our team, keep abreast of developments in their field, think strategically, and be a role model to our students.