Tutor, Faculty of Arts (Multiple Positions)
The Faculty of Arts is hiring sessional tutors who can teach in the disciplines listed in the Position Description. As an important part of the teaching staff, tutors should be dedicated and engaging educators. The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver tutorials within the subject's program, focusing on skills development and effective communication. New tutors will undergo relevant training, and adherence to the Faculty's Local Operating Rule is required.
- Conduct tutorials in the required mode (online, on campus, or blended) to a high standard using the provided tutorial guidelines and relevant content available on LMS
- Undertake consultation with students in relation to readings, weekly topics, assessment and skills development
- Mark assessment, provide timely feedback to students and record results into the appropriate results record system
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational abilities, and a commitment to maintaining positive working relationships. You'll also understand and apply relevant policies and procedures while demonstrating a commitment to the Faculty's Values and Behaviors.
You will also have:
- Completion of or progress towards a Doctoral or Master’s qualification in the relevant discipline or equivalent relevant academic or professional or practice-based experience and expertise
- A current Victorian Working With Children Check (WWCC) by the commencement of the teaching period
Position Description: 0056888_Sessional Tutor_PD.pdf
Please Note: Applications are not being accepted via the University's Job Board. Please visit https://ctrs.app.unimelb.edu.au/ctrs/ to submit your application.