Research Funding Manager
Role: Research Funding Manager – Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £42,155 - £53,353 per annum, plus nationally agreed pay increases each year
Hours: 36.25 hours per week, Monday-Friday (flexible and hybrid working opportunities available)
Location: Merchiston Campus, Edinburgh (click here for more information on our Merchiston Campus)
The Research, Innovation and Enterprise Office is looking for a Research Funding Manager to join their team on permanent, full-time basis.
Research, Innovation & Enterprise (RIE) is an expert professional service in all matters pertaining to research, innovation, and enterprise, working proactively to support our academics and students to achieve and surpass the University’s strategy for success.
The role holder will join a team of five Research Funding Managers and will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of the University’s Research and Innovation Strategy by supporting activities leading to an increase in the research and innovation outputs through:
- supporting academics in obtaining grants and impactful research opportunities.
- identifying research and innovation income generating opportunities and advising academics and related partners;
- assisting with bid generation and the exploitation of research and innovation.
- Collaborating with our Business Engagement team to achieve the effective knowledge exchange between academia and an expanding range of potential external partners
Whilst we are following a hybrid model currently for our work pattern, normally the role holder will be based at our Merchiston Campus with the occasional need to visit our other campuses (Sighthill and Craiglockhart).
For more about the role, click here for the full role profile.
Our Excellent Benefits
At ENU, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement, and offer other excellent benefits including:
- minimum of 36 days annual leave (including 10 fixed holidays at Easter and Christmas) and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- employer pension contributions of 20.8%
- a wide range of learning and development opportunities
- opportunity to join our staff inclusion and support networks (such as LGBT+, Women’s, BAMEish and many more)
- flexible discounts including shopping, restaurants, and other services, plus discounts on local and on-site gym facilities
- maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- option to opt into private healthcare scheme
What we’re looking for
The successful applicant will have a degree or equivalent relevant work experience, previous extensive research funding experience and managing customer relationships and research information management databases.
A sound knowledge of Full Economic Costing methodology, various research funding mechanisms in the UK, Innovation Vouchers, KTPs, Horizon Europe and other mechanisms to promote and facilitate research and knowledge exchange are all considered essential.
You will have excellent communication, networking and negotiating skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines. You will be proactive and a highly organised self-starter with the ability to manage a varied portfolio of proposals to deliver and meet business needs.
Application closing date: Sunday 11 June
Interview date: w/c 12 June
Please note that the interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams.
If you have any questions, reach out to the Talent & Resourcing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the role title ‘Research Funding Manager’ in the subject line.
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged, and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. Please see here for more information.