Assistant / Associate / Full Professor in Plant Science
- Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- 11 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering Division (faculty)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
The Division of Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering (BESE) is seeking to expand and strengthen research and education of the Plant Science Program at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). We invite scientists with focus on fundamental and/or applied Plant Science and Ecology to apply for faculty positions (Open Rank: Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor).
We seek ambitious and outstanding scientists in different areas of Plant Science, which include but are not restricted to Photosynthesis, Biophysics, Plant Nutrition, Stress Physiology, Ecology, Plant-Microbe Interaction, Plant Pathology, Optogenetics, Quantitative genetics, Macro-Algal Biotechnology, Metabolism and Green Synthetic Biology. Successful candidates are expected to develop world-class research programs, teach postgraduate courses, and establish inter- and multidisciplinary collaborations within the Plant Science Program and the BESE Division and across Divisions, Research Centers and Initiatives at KAUST.
We offer a unique intellectually stimulating environment and internal funding. Candidates will have access to state-of-the-art laboratories, equipment and instrumentation, including core laboratories in Genomics, Proteomics, Analytical Chemistry, Imaging & Characterization, Extreme Computing and Informatics, and plant growth and green house facilities.
Candidates applying for a position at the Assistant Professor level should show their potential for establishing and leading a high-impact research program and those applying for Associate and Full Professor positions should have a distinguished, track-recorded and internationally recognized research program.
The positions will remain open until filled.
KAUST is an international, graduate research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through interdisciplinary research, education, and innovation. KAUST attracts top international faculty, scientists, engineers and students to conduct curiosity-driven and goal-oriented research to address the world’s most pressing scientific and technological challenges. Located in Saudi Arabia, on the eastern shores of the Red Sea, KAUST provides an award-winning campus to live, work, study and play, and offers superb research facilities, with guaranteed baseline research funding, infrastructure support, entrepreneurship opportunities and internationally competitive salaries. For more information about KAUST, please visit http://www.kaust.edu.sa. More information about the BESE Division and the Plant Science Program is available at http://bese.kaust.edu.sa.
To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- Cover letter introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank. The rank must be consistent with the candidate’s experience.
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including a full publication list.
- Research Statement (5 pages maximum).
- Teaching Statement (2 pages maximum) including teaching philosophy and an outline of 1-2 planned graduate teaching course(s).
- Names and contact information for at least 4 references. Referees should have positions in academic or industrial research laboratories. In the case of Associate and Full Professor applications, the referees should be of a rank higher or equivalent to that of the candidate.
- Copies of most relevant publications (Maximum of five).