Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Bioengineering
2 days left
- Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- 11 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
KAUST is accepting applications for two Lecturer / Senior Lecturer positions in its newly launched Bioengineering Degree Program (Master and PhD levels). This Program will bridge KAUST’s strengths in Engineering, Chemistry and Biology. In particular, it will integrate elements of electrical and mechanical engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science and materials science with biology. The Program will consist of four tracks: Bioinformatics and Machine Learning, Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, and Synthetic Biology.
The Lecturer will teach mandatory module-based lectures and laboratory courses in bioengineering in KAUST’s newly established Bioengineering Program. The position will require a full-time engagement to develop and teach a variety of required courses in the Bioengineering curriculum including laboratory and design courses. The Lecturer will also play a major role in the student admission process by performing assessment academic interviews and evaluation tests. The position is targeted for experienced instructors, but all applications will be considered.
The Lecturer will teach in at least a few of the broad areas of biological engineering and synthetic biology, computational biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, biomaterials, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, biosensors, bioelectronics and biomedical devices. The lecturer needs to establish and run a teaching laboratory class.
These positions are considered full-time teaching appointments. Candidates who are considering to use the application for their research development are not encouraged to apply.
The candidate must hold a PhD degree. PhD in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other closely related engineering discipline is preferred. Experience with classroom or laboratory teaching in Bioengineering or related fields at the university level is required. The candidate must have strong communication and organizational skills.
KAUST offers an attractive teaching career path with a promotion scheme. The initial appointment will be up to 3 years and is renewable upon evaluation. KAUST (https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en), located on the shores of the Red Sea in Thuwal (80km north of Jeddah) in Saudi Arabia, is an international graduate-level research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through bold and collaborative research and to addressing challenges of regional and global significance. For more information about KAUST please go to www.kaust.edu.sa. More information available at the Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering Division (BESE) (https://bese.kaust.edu.sa/).
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, complete CV, a teaching statement, teaching portfolio, three representative publications, and names and contact information of at least three referees. The university invites applicants from all qualified individuals but female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent degree, preferably in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other closely related engineering discipline.
- Strong teaching track record.
- The position is particularly suited for someone with bioengineering design experience or experience in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with classroom or lab class teaching at the university level is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong interest in instructing Master or Master/PhD students, overlooking theoretical and experimental class work.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Please upload the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Up-to-date CV
- Teaching Statement
- Teaching Portfolio
- Three Representative Publications
- Contact information of at least three referees