Executive / Senior Executive
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 11 May 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The successful candidate will assist the Senior Manager to handle the research administrations and support the day-to-day activities arising from the research projects and programmes within the University.
The scope of work would involve serving in the secretariat for grant reviews and management; hiring of research manpower and procurement; tracking and reporting of progress and ensuring compliance of the conduct of the research projects and programmes within the University.
The detailed scope of work will include the following:
- Manages the grant call activities and research applications.
- Assists in the preparation of documents required for the grant reviews.
- Facilitates the review process and maintains the records related to the reviews.
- Provides the support required to implement the research projects and programme which includes hiring of research manpower and procurement of equipment, materials and vouchers for the subjects.
- Tracks the research expenditures and ensures that the expenses are in accordance with budget allocations. Tracks the grant utilization rates and provides regular updates.
- Assists in the audit activities related to the research grants and facilitates the compliance of research activities to the corporate governance.
- Tracks the research KPIs and assists in the preparation work involved in reporting to the management and funding agencies.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting to both internal and external parties/ stakeholders/ funders.
- Handles the department’s general administration and maintenance of the department’s records.
- Maintains department’s policies, procedures and repositories.
- Assists in the drawing up of the budgetary estimates for the department and individual research projects.
- Supports the department’s initiatives to promote research culture in SUSS.
- Organizes in-house seminars, events, courses and workshops.
- Serves as a liaison with other public institutions and industry/business partners.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or higher in any specialized field.
- 1-2 years of experience in research administrations within an academic research office, institute or company preferred. Should have at least 2 years or more for a senior position.
- Self-starter and problem solver.
- Ability to work independently and display initiative.
- Ability of multi-tasking and responding to changing priorities.
- Good time management
- Ability to perform information research and data collection.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and spreadsheet computations.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good work ethic and judgment
- Good team player