Senior Research Scientist, Cancer Science Institute
Are you a biomedical researcher motivated to pursue an outstanding career in cancer research?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to be at the global forefront of research to overcome this scourge. Our innovative international faculty, cutting-edge facilities, supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Senior Research Scientist to join the team of our new Director, Prof. Ashok Venkitaraman, who has recently joined us from the University of Cambridge (see https://www.csi.nus.edu.sg/web/ashok-venkitaraman/). This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with a world-leading cancer researcher to undertake pioneering research on the role of genome instability in human carcinogenesis (eg., see Venkitaraman Science (2014) PMID:24675954 and Venkitaraman DNA Repair (2019) PMID:31337537).
Duties And Responsibilities
- Peptide library construction
- Preparation of reagents and materials for synthetic peptide library construction
- Design and synthesis of synthetic peptide libraries
- Design and synthesis of individual synthetic peptides
- Candidate will oversee the screening of peptide libraries against selected targets
- Data analysis
- Candidate will oversee the analysis of results of peptide synthesis and peptide based screening
- Oversee training personnel for relevant techniques and equipment
- Basic requirements
- PhD with 3 years relevant post-doctoral experience
- Strong track record of research achievement evidenced by high-quality publications in a relevant field
- High-level experience in hands-on use of a wide range of relevant research methods
- Skills in working independently and creatively to solve experimental problems
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with experience in communicating scientific work including scientific papers, presentations and reports.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.