Research Administration Officer
- Fixed term part time (0.8FTE) opportunity until 31 August 2024 with flexible work schedule. Extension possible
- Opportunity to provide essential research administration support to Academic staff
- Base Salary $91,644- $98,796 + 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The John Walsh Centre for Rehabilitation Research (JWCRR) is an interdisciplinary research and educational centre that focuses on injury related disability with five research and educational themes: psychosocial health after injury, musculoskeletal injury, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and other research related to injury and disability.
JWCRR is located within the Northern Sydney Local Health District and Northern campus of the University of Sydney, St Leonards, Sydney. You will be working with leading researchers in the fields of rehabilitation medicine, physiotherapy, behavioural sciences, and neurorehabilitation.
JWCRR is welcoming applications for an experienced Research Administration Officer to support research finance, reporting and other administration activities of the Centre. As the first point of contact for the Centre, this role requires strong administrative and organisational skills to coordinate and undertake a range of administrative activities. A person with an innovative, continuous improvement mindset with the ability to change processes to suit business needs will have the opportunity to shape this role.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- providing administrative services and support for research projects pre and post award
- liaising with Northern Sydney Local Health District and University of Sydney Research Support services to establish new agreements and associated cost centres and their governance processes
- providing support for grant budgets, coordinating invoicing and reporting
- maintaining records ensuring accuracy and consistent data quality, tracking research outputs and updating researcher profiles
- updating communication channels, including JWCRR intranet, website and social media channels
- preparing agendas and taking minutes for monthly JWCRR meetings and performing general administrative duties.
We are looking for a Research Administration Officer who has:
- previous experience in research administration preferred OR sound experience working in the similar or closely related role
- ability to take initiative and solve business problems innovatively and with sound judgement
- requires advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and data manipulation
- numeracy skills with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking, and managing invoice payments and purchases
- experience with or knowledge of records management processes
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit:NSW Health employment requirements
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Faiza Khan, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 06 June 2023 11:59 PM
More searches like this
- Education Research Related Australia jobs in St Leonards
- Education Research Support Australia jobs in St Leonards
- Education Professional Services Australia jobs in St Leonards
- Education Administrative Australia jobs in St Leonards
- Education Library / Records / Information Management Australia jobs in St Leonards