Clinical Lecturer in Paediatrics
Job no: 0059477
Location: Hospital-based (Carlton)
Role type: Part-time (0.2-0.4 FTE); Fixed-term for 12 months
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Dental School
Salary: Level B – $114,645 - $136,136 p.a. (pro-rata for part-time) plus 17% super
- As a Clinical Lecturer, you will have the opportunity to develop your teaching skills in a positive values-based culture for career growth.
- Work in a diverse environment to achieve teaching excellence, contributing to high-quality curriculum development and evaluation.
- $114,645 - $136,136 p.a. (pro-rata for part-time), 17% super, and benefits!
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and passionate Clinical Lecturer to join the team at Melbourne Dental School. As a part-time fixed-term position provides a great development opportunity for the right candidate. You will be contributing to clinical learning and teaching activities, providing clinical supervision, and teaching students primarily in the Doctor of Clinical Dentistry program.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide clinical practice leadership and education to coursework students in the Melbourne Dental School primarily in the clinical environment, but will also include delivering lectures, tutorials, and seminars, and other learning and teaching duties as required.
- Actively contribute to high-quality curriculum development, evaluation, and review, and participate in the assessment process, and provide student feedback.
- Provide mentorship and support the professional development of junior colleagues, actively participate in School meetings and training, and engage in activities relating to research and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external partners to foster collaborative relationships, and participate in School activities such as student orientation, information sessions, and Open Day. Additionally, participate in continued professional development in learning and teaching.
Who We Are Looking For
This is the perfect role for you if you are highly motivated to achieve teaching excellence by developing your skills. You should demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team to provide coordinated teaching and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse students and patients.
You will also have:
- A specialist dental qualification in Paediatric Dentistry registrable with the Dental Board of Australia and current AHPRA registration
- A minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience
- Clinical Practice skills supported by contemporary evidence-based dental practice
- A proven record of success in ongoing extra-mural clinical practice and continuing professional development
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – “Melbourne Dental School“
At the Melbourne Dental School, we have a strong tradition of dental research and a reputation for excellence in several research areas, which underpin both our undergraduate and graduate curricula. Our research activities are conducted via three Divisions and four major research groups, ranging from translational biomedical science to clinical studies, and pedagogical research. We offer our students and staff a dynamic and supportive environment where they can develop their skills and knowledge, contribute to innovative research and teaching, and make a positive impact on the community. As we move forward under the leadership of our Head of School, we are embarking on an exciting programme of change, known as MDS’25, which focuses on strategic reviews of education, research and organisational structure. Our values of innovation, collaboration, compassion, respect, integrity, and accountability underpin everything we do, ensuring that we provide the highest standards of excellence in dental education and research.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community. For more information, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We recognise that reconciliation is central to our purpose. For more information, please visit our Reconciliation page.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Applications close: 30 May 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Position Description: 0059477_PD_Clinical Lecturer Paediatrics.pdf