Research Nurse in Heart Failure
- Full time, fixed term until 01/02/2026
- Base Salary $79,717 - $89,256 + 17% superannuation
- Located at Charles Perkins Center in Camperdown Campus
About the opportunity
The Research Nurse provides clinical trial knowledge and expertise to the Chief Investigator, you will operate within the Cardiometabolic Medicine group in the Faculty of Medicine and Health, based at the Charles Perkins Centre, in collaboration with the Centre for Heart Failure and Diseases of the Aorta. This includes actively contributing to clinical trial activities, performing recruitment, undertaking core aspects of clinical trial work and contributing to data entry and patient follow up.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- conduct data entry and searches, for clinical trial ensuring compliance and accuracy
- assist in the quality activities for clinical trials, patient recruitment, operational support, safety, regulatory timelines, patient follow-ups and efficient delivery of research
- ensures that ethics guidelines and standards are in accordance with relevant ethics protocols
- ensure compliance with all federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations related to clinical trials
- perform work activities relevant to the role's key accountabilities as approved by the Chief Investigator
- directly maintain a productive working relation with all research staff and indirectly with investigators, Clinical Research sites, Clinical Research Coordinators as well as trial sponsors.
- a minimum of 1 year's previous experience in a clinical setting desirable
- demonstrated experience with common electronic data capture systems (such as RedCAP etc.) Endnote files, EMR and databases
- previous experience working on clinical projects within an academic, CRO or pharmaceutical environment, include exposure to, and experience in participant engagement, writing reports within predetermined timeframes and detection and reporting of protocol deviations
- documented ability to screen, recruit, enroll, and follow patients in clinical trials
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cherie Goodwin, Recruitment Operations on Cherie.email@example.com or Mariana Yousif, Recruitment Operations, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 01 June 2023 11:59 PM