School Support Administrator
School Support Administrator – REQ002104
The School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences is seeking to recruit an experienced and highly organised individual to become a key member of the School’s Service Delivery Team based at Paisley campus.
In this fast paced environment you will have you will have an outgoing manner, excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills and an ability to deal tactfully and confidentially with a range of people and situations. You will be the main requisitioner within the School for financial processes, provide administrative services in relation to Skills Development Scotland returns for Graduate Apprenticeships and also support activities relating to the engagement of hourly paid workers.
This public-facing role will include diary management, organising travel, note taking and managing the processes related to staff recruitment.
Whilst the post will be based at our Paisley campus, there may be a requirement to work at other UWS campus locations from time to time to meet business needs.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- HND/SVQ Level 3 and/or have relevant and practical work experience, preferably in a higher education environment
- Intermediate IT skills and be able to demonstrate heightened attention to detail with the ability to work to changing priorities and deadlines
- Good time management and organisational skills including the ability to respond quickly to emerging priorities
- Capable of working on own initiative, but also being part of a team and being flexible to support colleagues whilst exercising discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential and sensitive nature
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work is crucial as is the ability to work independently and in a team environment
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional day of annual leave to celebrate your birthday.
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th June 2023
Interview Date: Tuesday 27th June 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.