Research Engineer / Fellow, Data Analytics Healthcare
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop advanced data analytics techniques to improve the healthcare sector.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
i. Assists in co-supervision of final year projects (FYP) or capstone projects for students under the Project PI.
ii. Meet the deliverables by carrying out the algorithm development, simulations and experimental studies planned for under the scope of work of the projects within the timeframe to meet the deliverables.
iii. Assists the PI in drafting reports, conference proceedings, and journal articles based on the outcome of the projects.
iv. Prepares and shares fortnightly reports of results from the computations with the program director and PI.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have relevant competence in the areas of statistical methods, data analytics and programming.
- Have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge/experience in writing Python program for data analytics or numerical simulation will be advantageous.