Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Reconfigurable Electromagnetic Media
The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Reconfigurable Electromagnetic Media.
The post holder will undertake research in Reconfigurable Electromagnetic Media; develop and contribute to our ambitious research agenda; and lead University-wide efforts to establish Queen’s as an international leader in Wireless Communications research and the application of this research to address global challenges
The post holder is expected to undertake world class innovation, mission-led research programmes and complementary research, along with contributing to excellent student experience via research led teaching and assessment. They will also contribute to administration or outreach activities, specifically capitalising on the major opportunities available in this area by the recently announced UK Industrial Strategy, UKRI, many European and Global initiatives and ongoing investment in the area via Belfast Regional City Deal (BRCD).
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A PhD in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics (or similar discipline).
- Demonstrable postdoctoral research experience in a relevant area, including but not limited to, reconfigurable electromagnetic media; electromagnetic materials; antennas and propagation; multiple antenna systems; millimetre-wave and THz communications.
- Record of high-quality publication of excellent research outputs in Reconfigurable Electromagnetic Media commensurate with stage of career.
- Evidence of independent contribution in research projects and outputs and potential to establish an independent sustainable research programme.
- Evidence of contribution of research income generation.
- Evidence of contribution to national and international collaborations.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Michalis Matthaiou at firstname.lastname@example.org.