UM Macao Fellow
The University of Macau (UM) is an internationalized public comprehensive university in the Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) located at the west bank of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA). The GBA is rapidly developing into one of the leading technology and innovation hubs of the world. UM is placed in 201-250 bracket in the THE World University Rankings and placed No. 304 in the QS World University Rankings. With a scenic campus of approximately 1 km2 on Hengqin island, UM has achieved significant progress in the past decade as evidenced by its rising international repute, state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, and the establishment of three State Key Laboratories in microelectronics, Chinese medical sciences, and internet of things for smart city. To support economic diversification of MSAR and deepen collaboration between MSAR and Guangdong Province in Hengqin island, UM will continue to invest in cutting-edge research and develop interdisciplinary programmes in key strategic areas including precision oncology, advanced materials, regional oceanography, artificial intelligence and robotics, data science, cognitive and brain science and economics and finance. Leveraging its ‘4-in-1’ model of education and the largest residential college system in Asia, UM provides all-round undergraduate education, nurturing talent to support social and economic development in MSAR and the GBA as a whole. With unprecedented growth and opportunities for development, UM offers promising career prospects to academics at all levels. It may be noted that English is the working language and the primary medium of instruction at UM.
The UM Macao Fellow scheme under the UM Talent Programme aims to nurture young scholars from Macao and encourage qualified local talents to pursue career development in Macao. Only permanent residents of Macao are eligible to apply. Besides engaging in research at UM, successful applicants will have the opportunity to work at reputable universities or institutions outside Macao as visiting scholars or researchers to enrich their teaching and research experience, broaden their horizons, and enhance their professional knowledge.
UM now invites applications for the position of UM Macao Fellow in the following units:
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities (Website: https://fah.um.edu.mo)
- Faculty of Business Administration (Website: https://fba.um.edu.mo)
- Faculty of Education (Website: https://fed.um.edu.mo)
- Faculty of Health Sciences (Website: https://fhs.um.edu.mo)
- Faculty of Law (Website: https://fll.um.edu.mo)
- Faculty of Science and Technology (Website: https://fst.um.edu.mo)
- Faculty of Social Sciences (Website: https://fss.um.edu.mo)
- Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering (Website: https://iapme.um.edu.mo/)
- Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences / State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine (University of Macau)(Website: https://sklqrcm.um.edu.mo/)
- Institute of Collaborative Innovation (Website: https://ici.um.edu.mo/)
- Institute of Microelectronics / State Key Laboratory of Analog and Mixed-Signal VLSI (University of Macau) (Website: https://ime.um.edu.mo/)
- State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City (University of Macau) (Website: https://skliotsc.um.edu.mo/)
Applications are invited for UM Macao Fellow(with contractual post as either Post-doctoral Fellow or Research Assistant Professor)in the academic unitson a 3-year contract basis.
Appointees are normally assigned with minimal teaching duties.
- Macao permanent resident;
- Holder of PhD or equivalent degree from world-renowned universities. Applicants with doctoral degree award expected within 6 months upon closing ofapplication will be considered;
- Proven record of outstanding academic achievement, including publications, patents, presentations and academic awards;
- Post-doctoral research experience is preferable for the post of Research Assistant Professor;
- Current UM Postdoctoral Fellows who have finished at least 12 months of contract at the time of application are eligible for application at the post of Research Assistant Professor.
A taxable annual remuneration between MOP336,000 and MOP700,000 (approximately USD41,480 to 86,410) will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification, relevant professional experienceand offered position in the contract. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions experience.
- Applicants should apply online via https://talent.rsms.um.edu.mo/login/OALogin.jsp on or before 30 June2023;
- Required documents forapplication include:1)Detailed Curriculum Vitae; 2) Academic certificate; 3) Performance summary form (template available on application system);4) Research proposal (template available on application system); 5) Five representative academic publications.Please upload the above documents to your online application.
For any enquiries, please contact Research Services and Knowledge Transfer Office at email@example.com.
Website: https://rskto.um.edu.mo/. Tel: +853 8822 4210 / +853 8822 9154.
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***