Research Fellow (Floating Structures)
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore is recruiting a post-doctorate research fellow with a Civil Engineering or related background to pursue research on floating structures. The candidate will work on multi-disciplinary research works covering digital twins for the floating structures, hydrodynamic responses of the structures as well as condition monitoring and integrity assessments. Prior experience on floating structures (e.g., floating breakwaters for coastal protection) will be an added advantage. The candidate will embark on the following tasks during the research work: 1) structural analysis; 2) hydrodynamic analyses; 3) numerical and experimental works; and 4) application of artificial intelligence in floating structures.
- Possess a PhD degree in civil engineering or a related discipline.
- fundamental knowledge in floating structures
- basic knowledge and skills in machine learning applications
- have laboratory experience in experimental design and instrumentation
- Basic knowledge and skills for structural/hydrodynamic analysis
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Open to fixed term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20139