Research Fellow / Engineer, Experimental Fluid Dynamics
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT. The primary responsibility of this role is to work on an experimental project to quantify the droplets distribution and dispersion profile to provide critical initial conditions and validating data for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation. The project requires the research fellow to work with various equipment such as particle size analyzer, particle image velocimetry, high speed cameras and perform image and data analysis for feedback with CFD results.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Meeting the project deliverables within the project timeframe, which consists of the following responsibilities:
- Designing and performing experimental measurements of near-field droplets dispersion from different sources using particle size analyzers
- Design and performing experimental measurements of far-field droplets dispersion from different sources using a combination of air particle counters, particle image velocimetry, high speed cameras and other peripherals equipment
- Image processing to analyze and present results
- Data processing to analyze and present results
- Integrate results to CFD by specifying the initial conditions, and performing validation
- Assists in co-supervision of Final Year Projects (FYP) or capstone projects students together with the project PI
- Assists PI in drafting of reports, conference proceedings and journal articles based on the outcome of the projects
- Prepares and shares fortnightly report of results from project work with PI
- Support and coordinate procurement and maintenance of the software/hardware under the charge of the PI
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have relevant experience in image and data processing of experimental measurements
- Have relevant experience in working with aerosols and droplets
- Knowledge in Computational Fluid Dynamics, ability to use OpenFOAM is a bonus
- A good Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D degree in Engineering
- Fluent verbal and written communications