Assistant Manager / Senior Assistant Manager, Mechatronics
At SIT's Professional Officers Division, we bring our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place.
We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen and energize our industry and the wider community.
The Technical Officer supports laboratory operation and laboratory maintenance; ensuring laboratories are in conducive condition to conduct laboratory classes.
- Perform daily housekeeping and maintenance to ensure safety, cleanliness and tidiness of laboratories.
- Support Teaching staff and Professional Officers in the set-up of experiments, prepare materials or consumables, troubleshoot, operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and software.
- May be involved in conducting lab experiment and mentoring/coaching students.
- Assist in procurement of laboratory equipment and procure consumables
- Work with Lab In-Charge in tracking and maintaining laboratory documentation (e.g. equipment manual, risk assessment, Material Safety Data Sheet, service reports and other safety certificates).
- Work with Lab In-Charge in maintaining inventory of laboratory equipment and consumables.
- Support Lab In-charge to ensure compliance with work, safety and health regulations in the laboratories.
- Assist Lab In-charge to track and manage laboratory waste
- Assist Lab In-charge to provide support to students’ access to laboratory resources
- Assist Lab In-charge to track and manage loan of tools as well as equipment to students and staff.
- May be appointed as Lab In-charge by Team Lead.
- Polytechnic Diploma or higher, in Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years work experience within relevant field.
- Hands-on experience with design and development of mechanical, mechatronics systems, electrical and electronics systems is required.
- Knowledge of CNC and precision engineering would be preferred.
- Good knowledge of mechatronic sub-systems would be advantageous.
- Competency in CAD/CAM programmes e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCAD etc would be advantageous.
- Engineering and design knowledge, and solid knowledge of the prototype design process.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement of mechanical parts and relevant equipment.
- Experience with creating Risk assessments, Standard operating procedures, and maintenance of laboratory inventories.
- Ideally also have experience managing workshops or labs and interacting with students
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Singapore
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Senior Management jobs in Singapore
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professional Services jobs in Singapore
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Professional Services jobs in Singapore