Research Engineer / Fellow, SPICE
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Laboratory work
- Literature review
- To coordinate project activities among various innovation centers / centers of excellence (COI)
- To assist in proposal writing for grant applications
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have a good degree in Food Science, Food Technology, or relevant fields.
- Knowledge in food ingredients/ packaging/ processing, and their applications in food products.
- Understanding with experience in food chemistry/ texture/ sensory evaluation/ microbiology, and discerned laboratory skills for food analysis will be advantageous.
- Prior research or industry experience in food projects will be advantageous.
- Have knowledge in basic food hygiene, good manufacturing practices.