Receptionist / Administrator
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- PA1 2BE, Paisley
- Grade 3: £22,630 to £25,285 per annum
- 31 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Executive Support Team
Receptionist / Administrator – REQ002054
As a member of the Executive Support Team, your main responsibility will be to provide a professional and welcoming reception area to both internal and external visitors to the Executive Suite. Working at a senior level within an Executive setting you will be a highly experienced, professional and flexible individual with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, you will have an outgoing manner, excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills and an ability to deal tactfully and confidentially with a range of people and situations. You will provide administration support the Executive Support Team which consists of an Office Manager and four executive assistants. You will take ownership of the executive suite meeting rooms ensuring these are booked correctly and all meetings are properly catered for. The successful candidate will build great working relationships within the Executive Support Team and across the University including Catering, Security and Estates.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and/or experience:
- Educated to HNC or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including an ability to deal tactfully and courteously with a range of people and situations.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload effectively
- Motivated and dedicated with a good attention to detail.
- Previous relevant work experience
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities
Closing Date: Sunday 16th April 2023
Interview Date: w/c 24th April 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.