Project Manager, Operational Performance Group
- UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
- Melbourne, Australia
- $129,154 – $134,374 p.a. plus 17% super
- 31 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term until March 2024
Department: Operational Performance Group
Salary: UOM 9 – $129,154 – $134,374 p.a. plus 17% super
- Lead diverse organisation-wide projects to improve our student and staff experience
- 17% super, flexible working arrangements and generous employee discounts
- Join a collaborative team in an innovative environment where your ideas are valued
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About The Operational Performance Group
The Operational Performance Group (OPG) is a centre of excellence in business transformation, driving improvements to operational efficiency, effectiveness and experiences across the University. We are seeking an enthusiastic project manager who is looking for a versatile role driving strategic projects end to end.
About the Role
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of high value, strategic initiatives across the University focusing on business transformation and change, specifically in the operational space. Your enthusiastic, collaborative approach will see you coordinate and progress multiple pieces of work to drive the successful roll-out of a range of initiatives with organisation-wide impact.
You will build positive and effective relationships with senior leadership and influence key stakeholders across the University to generate support and positive momentum.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Manage project progress, performance, scope and change control
- Work collaboratively with project teams to deliver successful outcomes
- Ensure that stakeholder focus, and perspective is maintained throughout the project
- Identify potential risks and issues associated with the project and develop risk mitigation strategies as appropriate
You will have the natural ability to lead and will be highly skilled in effective communication with both your immediate team and external stakeholders. You will bring a passion and enthusiasm for project management to the role and the skills to navigate complex matters with flexibility, patience and initiative. You will have a proactive approach to all tasks and will bring a high degree of professional judgement to the role.
Ideally, you will further have:
- Project management accreditation and/or relevant professional qualifications
- Developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrated experience in the operations area
- Experience in using project/portfolio management systems and tools such as Smartsheet
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, reporting and documentation skills
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Position description: PD Project Manager_20230127 (4)AP.pdf
Applications close: Friday 14th of April 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time