Flinders Connect Manager
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $102,143 - $113,079 p.a.
- 31 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Fixed term from 1 July until December 2023 | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 8 | $102,143 - $113,079 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the Student Administration Services
Student Administration Services (SAS) provides support across the student and teaching lifecycles, from enrolments to graduation. Defined by two interconnected levels of service: the College SAS teams and the University-wide SAS teams, work collaboratively to deliver simple, timely, efficient, and innovative student administration services and advice to both students and staff.
About the Role
We are seeking a demonstrated leader to join our Flinders Connect team in the role of Flinders Connect Manager. The Flinders Connect Manager will lead the operational management of the Flinders Connect service centre and integrated enrolment support services, providing front-line whole-of-University student support services.
You will be responsible for leading and managing a team who deliver high quality front-line student support services across a wide variety of administrative and student life cycle enquiries. You will put the resolution of student enquiries as the primary focus of all activities whilst proactively identifying ways to improve the student experience.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Fostering a strong, positive team dynamic to ensure an integrated service experience for all students throughout the student lifecycle and creating a customer-first culture.
- Managing a team of customer service staff on a day-to-day basis, including providing inductions and training, mentoring, succession planning and performance management.
- Managing the quality of services SAS provides and third-party support teams located in the hub.
- Providing strategic and operational advice to senior management on the performance and future vision for Flinders Connect as a critical student support service within the University.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the strategic direction of the University and its policies and procedures.
- Managing the budget and resources for Flinders Connect. Including the management of a significant casual pool of service delivery staff to ensure adequate personnel resourcing to meet peak periods.
- Building strong relationships with University-wide stakeholders including within SAS and the portfolio service teams.
- Leading ongoing improvements to the student experience by proactively identifying and driving areas for improvement; and ensuring effective integration and consistency across the University.
- Liaising with University-wide stakeholders to aid in the improvement of the Flinders Connect model and services.
A true leader with a passion for quality service delivery, you will be capable of managing and motivating a large team of professionals to deliver service excellence, inspiring a working culture of support, recognition and ongoing development.
You will utilise your high-level organisational skills to establish priorities and adequately allocate resources whilst working in a fast-paced, high pressure service environment.
To be successful in this role you will also demonstrate:
- Progress towards completion of a post-graduate qualification in management and extensive relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and training relevant to managing high-volume service delivery in a large/complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing resources (financial and human) to deliver on the operational goals of the business unit.
- Extensive experience in creating and delivering a consistent and integrated customer experience across multiple touch points within a complex environment, with the ability to create and lead continuous improvement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CRM and Service Management tools, customer analytics and other data management to drive insights for customer management strategies and improvement initiatives.
- Ability to interpret and advise on student-related higher education policies and procedures.
- Competent in utilising your negotiation and conflict resolution skills in a customer service context.
- High-level communication skills with the ability to confidently liaise with senior management and develop communications for a wide audience.
Candidates who have previous experience working within the Australian higher education sector will be highly regarded.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Kim Murphy.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
12 Apr 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.