Associate Dean for Education and Student Experience
- UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA
- Ningbo, China
- 31 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Deans
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Associate Dean for Education and Student Experience, Nottingham University Business School China
Location: Ningbo, China
Join a unique British University in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China is a university without borders, where students and staff alike are empowered and supported in the dynamic and global city of Ningbo. As the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China in 2004, UNNC is an international higher education pioneer and a fast-growing hub for excellence in teaching and learning, research, innovation and knowledge exchange.
As a key component of UNNC, Nottingham University Business School China (NUBS China) is a young business school with a strong international and research orientation. We are part of the EQUIS and AACSB-accredited Nottingham University Business School. Campuses in the UK, Malaysia, and here in Ningbo, China work closely together and offer University of Nottingham degrees.
NUBS China currently has over 3,340 Chinese and international students with around 570 enrolled in postgraduate programmes including PhD programme. We have a diverse international faculty of 90, based in Ningbo China, coming from 15 countries and regions. English is the medium of instruction for all our programmes. We have strengthened our focus on high-impact research, customised executive education and high-quality teaching. We have a vibrant research community emphasising research excellence. NUBS China is an international academic gateway for research on business, finance and economics in China and a centre of expertise on Chinese firms going global.
As Associate Dean for Education and Student Experience, you will:
- contribute to key decisions that impact the development and implementation of UNNC strategy and policy, in particular in the aspect of education and student experience;
- take a strategic leadership role to deliver the University’s strategy in the enhancement of education and student experience, and teacher development within NUBS China; and
- play a key role in leading the development and successful implementation of the Faculty’s education and student experience strategy, driving continuous improvement and undertaking specific projects and initiatives within NUBS China.
As Professor, you will:
- maintain and further develop an international reputation as a research leader in your subject area, through original, recent and published research of international excellence;
- lead and support funding bids that develop and sustain research support for your specialist area and advance the reputation of NUBS China and the University;
- lead and develop internal and external networks to foster collaboration, share information and ideas and promote the subject and the University;
- deliver teaching across a range of modules or within your subject area, providing curriculum leadership within your own area of expertise;
- design course modules and/or programmes of study in your specialist area;
- supervise and examine postgraduate, Master’s and PhD students; and
- contribute to the intellectual leadership of NUBS China’s academic community, providing direction and mentoring for less experienced colleagues.
We are seeking a strong academic leader who has:
- good knowledge of teaching and learning activities, and management structure in higher education institutions;
- track record of successful management, both strategically and operationally, of a School/Department or teaching and learning activities;
- established and widely recognised excellence and reputation in his/her specialist subject area amongst peers nationally and internationally, with an extensive track record of published research;
- extensive experience of leading the design of research techniques and methods;
- successfully attracted significant external funding in support of research projects;
- experience in teaching, supervision, and/or the development of executive education;
- a proven record of promoting and maintaining collaborative links with industry / business / community; and
- a PhD or equivalent in his/her subject area.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
This post will initially be offered on a fixed-term substantive contract as Professor with the University of Nottingham Ningbo China for a period of up to five years. This contract may be extended on an indefinite basis based on mutual agreement.
In addition to a substantive academic appointment as Professor, the successful candidate will be offered the appointment of Associate Dean for Education and Student Experience, on a fixed-term appointment for a period of up to four years. This appointment may be extended based on mutual agreement. An allowance in recognition of the additional responsibilities taken as Associate Dean for Education and Student Experience will be offered.
UNNC is committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. You will have access to a range of benefits and rewards, including accommodation allowance, insurance, schooling support, home flights, relocation and repatriation support and paid annual leave. An eligible successful candidate will be invited to apply for key talent projects in China in priority with the reward of research funding and opportunities from Government.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system on or before 28 April 2023：
Only on-line applications made at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn) will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding the position may be addressed to Prof. Kok Wei Khong, Dean of Nottingham University Business School China at email: Kok-wei.Khong@nottingham.edu.cn . If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000 (ext.8854), Email: email@example.com.
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.