Lead Patch Management Engineer
- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £49,737 - £58,421 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 30 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 May 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This role primarily focused on providing an excellent technology platform to support end users (staff, students, and visitors) of the computing services provided by King’s College London. Working within a ticket-based service management and agile framework with appropriate SLAs, the Lead Configuration Manager Patch Management Engineer will work as part of a team to support all the technology needs of King’s College London end users.
The engineer will require the ability to work as a team and independently. They will also require excellent troubleshooting skills and to have a passion for technology. The role will support technologies in the following areas:
- Identify and deploy critical security patches across all networked devices in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and company policies.
- Monitor systems to ensure all patching is completed successfully and track patch management metrics to report on compliance and effectiveness.
- Windows 10 and 11 Operating Systems
- Windows 10 and 11 Features and Servicing Model
- Microsoft Office 365 Installation and Support
- Configuration Manager / Intune (Operating System Deployment, Software deployment/Updates)
- MDOP Products
- Group Policy Management
- Remote Desktop Services / Azure Virtual Desktop
- Mobile Device Management
- PowerShell Scripting
- Antivirus Products
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
- Windows 10/11 Deployment and maintenance[A1]
- Application packaging and deployment
- Windows 10/11 Group Policy Management
- Configuration Manager Infrastructure Support and Maintenance
- Identify and deploy critical security patches across managed devices in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and company policies.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Microsoft and/or appropriately experienced
2. ITIL Foundation certification
3. In-Depth Knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows)
4. Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Group Policy managements and processing.
5. Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager and supporting and maintaining the infrastructure.
6. Good understanding and experience of supporting the Microsoft Office Suite
7. Good Understanding of Device Security features in a Production Environment i.e. Cisco ISE, BitLocker, Secure Boot
8. Knowledge of scripting languages including PowerShell and SQL/WQL
9. Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
10. Able to install, configure, upgrade and test desktop computers (both Windows and Mac), peripherals and basic office applications.
11. In-depth knowledge of patch management software and processes
12. Knowledge of Intune, Configuration Manager, Operating System Deployment, and Application Deployment
1. Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS Farms)
2. Knowledge of Mobile Device Management via Microsoft Intune
3. Knowledge of OSX Management via JAMF Pro
4. In-Depth Knowledge of computer operating systems (Mac OS, iOS and Android)
Due to the service nature of the post out of hours work and attendance when necessary is expected as per the IT Systems Out of Hours arrangements.
This post is subject to a Occupational Health Clearance.