Research Engineer (PVM / BIPV)
This role is for a research engineer /associate / fellow interested in the development of new modules and methods to enable high levels of PV integration into our urban architecture. The project involves understanding the cross disciplinary requirements imposed on urban integrated PV such as building and fire codes, visual aesthetics, end user handling and installation, to develop new PV modules and engineering solutions. New fire-resistant, lightweight materials for PV modules aimed at building retrofits will also be investigated. Newly developed technologies will undergo a thorough investigation into the module reliability and performance characterization. The project is also aimed at developing unique IP (intellectual property) and licensing / commercializing the technology to industrial partners.
Extended Job Scope:
- Participate and contribute to technology / equipment roadmap discussions and IP strategy
- Contribute to the design and development of new tools and methods
- Liaise and work closely with internal teams within the institute as well as external staff (e.g. industry partners, vendors, etc).
- Characterize and develop Building Information Modelling files of the prototype BIPV solution
- Degree\Masters\PhD in Physics, Electrical\Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or relevant topics
- Prior experience PV module development will be an advantage
- Knowledge in power electronics, circuits and power systems will be an advantage
- Knowledge of building design, building codes and fire codes will be a plus.
- Must be target/KPI-driven and well organized
- Good skills in data analysis. Programming experience is a plus (e.g. Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication (in English) skills required.
- Good team player, participate actively to group discussions and show initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department : Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19012