Research Fellow (Corrosion / COMSOL)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 30 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The research fellow will take-over the development of a model being developed for microbial influence corrosion using COMSOL finite element analysis. In addition, some associated laboratory experiences will be required along guiding PhD and undergraduate students in their research projects. Some admin duties related to the research project will also be required.
- PhD in Materials Science & Engineering or related discipline. Basic knowledge of corrosion mechanisms or electrochemistry is also required.
- Experience with finite element analysis is essential, with COMSOL preferred.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Materials Science and Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18639