Work Integrated Learning Support Officer
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- 30 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students)
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students) provides administrative support to key strategic and operational functions of the University’s student-related and academic services. Under the general portfolio, the Office team support Portfolio leadership and facilitate dialogue between key service areas to help the Portfolio ensure Flinders’ educational offerings are innovative, of assured quality, and are student centred. This drives our values and ethos, our impact and engagement, and our vision to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for providing a range of support services for the College’s Work Integrated Learning (WIL) programs. You will work closely with the WIL Team Leader to leverage opportunities internally and externally with industry and will assist with administration, matching students to placements, and ensuring students meet the requirements for preplacement/WIL experiences; with a goal to enhance positive graduate outcomes. In this role, you will also be accountable for:
- Maintaining data and records in relevant systems and prepare reports and correspondence as requested.
- Providing timely advice to various stakeholders to support WIL supervision.
- Contribute to the review of systems, procedures and processes for the continual improvement of WIL support services.
- Assisting with the creation and sharing of WIL information via online and in-person methods to students, industry and academics.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to work collaboratively with a range of university stakeholders and external organisations. You will have well developed organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritise operational tasks and meet deadlines. You will demonstrate initiative, sound judgement and problem-solving skills and work well both individually and in a team environment. To be successful in this role you will also demonstrate:
- Relevant administrative experience and/or education and training.
- Knowledge and experience in relation to WIL program operations including liaising with students, academic staff members and external agencies.
- Excellent attention to detail and effective use of systems and databases including the ability to extract reports on key data sets.
- Excellent customer service skills and a proven results-oriented focus.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Nalini Klopp.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10.00pm:
12 Apr 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.