Flinders Connect Officer
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- 30 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Fixed term until December 2023 | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the Student Administration Services team
Student Administration Services (SAS) provides support across the student and teaching lifecycles, from enrolments to graduation. Defined by two interconnected levels of service: the College SAS teams and the University-wide SAS teams, work collaboratively to deliver simple, timely, efficient, and innovative student administration services and advice to both students and staff.
About the Role
Flinders University, Student Administration Services team are seeking a customer-oriented Flinders Connect Officer who is passionate about providing support to students on a range of administrative matters relating to their studies and the various services offered at Flinders University.
As the Flinders Connect Officer, you will be the first point of contact for a large variety of student enquiries. The key to your success will be your resilience, empathy and customer-centred approach with an aim of achieving positive outcomes for all. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for:
- Responding to student enquiries (phone call, enquiry portal or face-to-face in the Hub) and assisting students on how to complete a range of the tasks online in the University’s student administration system.
- Advising students of the various student administration services policies and procedures relating to enrolment, class registration, fee, examinations, graduations and leave of absences.
- Case managing student enquiries which span multiple Colleges or whole-of-University support teams in order to reach a positive outcome for students.
- Liaising with College SAS teams where appropriate to resolve student enquiries received through any Flinders Connect Channels
- Back up and support to Enrolment Services to manage enrolment and credit related services.
- Referring students to the correct people and services across the University when appropriate.
- Keeping accurate records of student enquiries in Flinders CRM.
- Delivering transactional services to the students such as student ID cards and the acceptance of EFTPOS payments.
Your goal will be to put the resolution of student enquiries as your primary focus whilst proactively identifying ways to improve the student experience.
An excellent communicator, with the ability to develop relationships with students and staff, you will pride yourself on your high-level customer service skills. You will combine this with your empathy and resilience to respond to and resolve student enquiries. The successful candidate will also possess:
- Completion of a degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in a high-volume, fast paced front-line customer service environment with the ability to utilise their patience and resilience attributes.
- Knowledge of student-related higher education policies, procedures and administrative processes.
- High level of computer literacy, particularly in the use of complex web-based business applications.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Lisa Warren.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10.00pm:
12 Apr 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.