Research Scientist, SCIS
- SINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY
- 30 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full Time | Contract
- Doctorate or equivalent
- Singapore | Closing On 28 Apr 2023
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for School of Computing and Information Systems.
- Responsible for conducting research on The Other Me project.
- Developing research models and methods for robust situated agent teaming.
- Prototyping the developed methods.
- Evaluating the developed methods on assembling tasks.
- Ensuring these methods are integrated into the overall showcase for the project.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or closely related disciplines.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant research experience in Reinforcement Learning, Multi-Agent Systems.
- Basic knowledge/Proficiency in programming software/languages such as python will be positively considered/ is required.
- Demonstrated experience and know-how on Reinforcement Learning.
- Published in top tier conferences on multi-agent systems and reinforcement learning.
- Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members.