- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $100,032 + 17% superannuation
- 30 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term position for 12 months
- Opportunity to bring your event experience and innovative ideas to design and deliver a diverse range of events for the Faculty of Medicine and Health's leadership team
- Base Salary starting from $100,032 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Events Coordinator is responsible for managing the Faculty of Medicine and Health's program of events for staff, students and partners. This role works under the broad direction of the Engagement Manager and is part of a supportive and friendly Internal Communications and Engagement team. This role oversees task allocations for two Events Officers in the same team.
Examples of events the team manages include launches, student Welcome Week, all staff meetings, staff engagement events, professional development events, student engagement activities, webinars, ceremonies and career fairs. The ideal candidate is creative and audience-focused with excellent project management skills.
About the University of Sydney Faculty of Medicine and Health
The Faculty of Medicine and Health has been designed to enable innovation, excellence and strategic vision in teaching, research and clinical practice not only in medicine and health, but in all of the areas in which we operate. We are committed to challenging conventional wisdom, and to finding new paths to travel. We are focussed on leading new possibilities in the way we deliver wellness and healthcare and in making a distinctive impact on healthcare, both locally and globally. It's our commitment to curiosity, connection and excellence that sets us apart. It's how we're making a difference - how we're shaping healthcare.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate a program of engaging events within the Faculty of Medicine and Health
- effectively delegate events and tasks to two Events Officers in the same team
- manage large and complex events with an engaging and creative approach
- along with two Event Officers, be responsible for all aspects of events such as event design, budget, sourcing venues, speakers, volunteers, staff and suppliers including facilities and venue services
- effectively manage timelines and risks
- develop and maintain productive relationships with multiple event stakeholders internally and externally
- implement, manage and maintain online event management software (Eventbrite, Zoom, Slido).
- has demonstrated events management experience, ideally in a University/Tertiary/multi-faceted environment
- creative and audience-focused
- highly organised and process driven with the ability to manage multiple event timelines
- has experience managing large scale events and hybrid events to a high professional standard
- proficiency in developed branded event communications to a high professional standard
- has experience managing a diverse group of key internal and external stakeholders on large or complex projects and high-quality customer service skills
- has excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Ajaypal Singh Recruitment Operations, or by email to email@example.com
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 02 April 2023 11:59 PM