Student Administration Assistant
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $73,751 + 17% superannuation
- 30 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term roles for two years
- An exciting opportunity to be valued for your strong administrative and organisational skills
- Base Salary $73,751 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Student Administration Services team is looking for a highly organized 10 x Student Administrative Assistants to join their collaborative team.
Your new role will give you a platform to utilize your administrative and organisational skills in order to coordinate and undertake a range of operational and reporting activities. You will perform general administrative duties under direct guidance including drafting standard documents, record keeping, production of reports, updating materials and responding to queries.
This role is unique as it spans across various teams throughout the year in a rotational program in order to assist with peak times. The rotation schedule is pre-determined but is subject to change according to business needs. The areas of work will be Special Considerations, Mobility & Credit and Faculty Services Operations. Please note that the successful candidates are to undergo a police check prior to appointment.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- deliver effective outcomes and provides excellent administrative services to staff and students in a pro-active professional manner
- maintain a general knowledge of services offered to students throughout the Student Administration Services (SAS) and other relevant units within the University
- coordinate filing, e-filing and record management in line with University policy
- perform work activities relevant to the role's key accountabilities as approved by the Manager and commensurate to the role's classification level.
- motivated, enthusiastic "can do" attitude with an interest in the students journey and service delivery
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, having a flexible mindset
- taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- problem solving skills and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- good time management skills and working with a large volume of enquiries
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Tooba Fida, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 10 April 2023 11:59 PM