Team Lead - Student Administration Systems
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- Competitive remuneration package including 17% superannuation
- 29 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 2x Full time continuing positions available
- Team leadership opportunity within the Sydney Student technical development teams
- Offering a competitive remuneration package including 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking two team leads to take for positions within the Sydney Student technical development teams. You will provide team leadership to team members by managing work allocation, stakeholder escalations and providing expertise on technical matters related to the operation of Sydney Student. You will also provide project management, technical and functional expertise in the design, specifications, development and implementation of Sydney Student projects, enhancements and/or defect corrections and changes.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide leadership, supervision and guidance to the Sydney Student technical development team
- HR management of the team including day-to-day work allocations
- point of escalation for any problems within the team and help resolve these in a way that is satisfactory for all parties
- facilitate team meetings and hold regular status updates
- represent the team in technical discussions in wider stakeholder meetings
- perform performance reviews and provide mentorship for team members.
- has tertiary qualifications within a relevant field
- has previous experience supervising and leading a technical implementation team, preferably within a large enterprise
- has prior experience within IT service management
- has prior experience configuring, customising and testing application software, with version control and release management skills
- has experience with business process reviews and requirements gathering
- excellent stakeholder management skills, able to build relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Mouhamed El Chami Recruitment Operations by email to Mouhamed.email@example.com.
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 12 April 2023 11:59 PM