Lecturer - Management
- EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
- The expected salary upon hire is $69,854.
- 29 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Heads of department / Chairs of department, Other Senior Management, Academic Posts, Lecturers / Assistant Professors, Professional Services, Other Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Lecturer - Management
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern Washington University, a regional, comprehensive public university with an enrollment of over 10,000 students, is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington, each governed by its own board of trustees. EWU’s 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 12,000 residents 16 miles southwest of Washington’s second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the innovative, energy-efficient Catalyst building and at Riverpoint, a campus shared with Washington State University. In addition, EWU programs can be found at select locations throughout the state, aligned with the needs of the community. Eastern contributes to the vitality of the region and the state through its wide array of bachelor’s and master’s degrees in over 100 fields of study, as well as applied doctorates in physical therapy and educational leadership, offering accessible pathways to career success and personal development to students of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Tribal Land Acknowledgement
Eastern Washington University resides within the traditional homelands of the Spokane People and other tribes who are connected through their shared history of this region. This land holds their cultural DNA and it is their Ancestors who are here and bring forth the knowledge of this place—the knowledge that comes from the land.
The School of Business, in the College of Professional Programs at Eastern Washington University is currently inviting applications to fill one Lecturer, special faculty position to start September 16, 2023, primarily in support of the Management program.
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive institution where excellent teaching must be supplemented with an appropriate research program. The primary teaching area for this position will be management courses in the undergraduate and MBA programs. Participation in student-learning assessment and ongoing research program and service to the university, college, and department are also required. Additionally, the candidate selected for this position will be expected to teach online academic courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level to a diverse student body; experience with online teaching is required.
EWU is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
About the School of Business and Professional Accounting
The School of Business and Professional Accounting is located in the Catalyst Building in the downtown Spokane University District, and maintains an administrative presence in EWU's primary campus in Cheney, Washington. The business programs are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB-International).
On top of salary, the university offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses. For additional information regarding insurance benefits please see our Benefits page: https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/benefits/insurance/.
- Graduate degree in Management or closely related fields from an accredited program,
- For candidates who offer only a Master’s degree, they need to have at least 3 years of relevant full-time professional experience in Management,
- At least 1 year experience of teaching undergraduate management or related classes at accredited 4-year higher education institutions in a face-to-face environment,
- The ability to teach principles and upper-level management, human resource management, and leadership and ethics courses at undergraduate and graduate levels,
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with students, faculty, and administration,
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses in an online mode,
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal accessibility, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Applicants with a PhD or DBA in Management or a related field from an AACSB accredited program. ABD candidates close to degree completion will be considered
- Publications in the field of Management, or related fields (SA designation under AACSB standards), or recent PhD
- Demonstrated ability to maintain Scholarly Academic (SA) designation as defined by AACSB Standards and the EWU School of Business Policies and Procedures
- Experience teaching using the Canvas instructional platform.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
% of Time: 100
Responsibility / Duty:
- Teaching: typical workload for this position will include up to 45 credits, subject to department needs.
- Teaching includes the following additional responsibilities as defined in the faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement:
- Meet all scheduled classes
- Plan, organize and inform students of course content, texts, readings, assignments, attendance expectations and methods of evaluation including grading scales
- Schedule and attend office hours
- Turn in grades according to established deadlines
- Additionally, all faculty are expected to engage in effective teaching and assessment of student learning.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
Conditions of Employment:
Multiple work locations (main office located in the Catalyst Building in Spokane’s downtown University District, shared office at the EWU Cheney Campus).
The required start date for this position is 09/16/2023. To be considered eligible for appointment into the position, applicants must be available and able to start in the position no later than 09/16/2023.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
Upon hire you must complete required DEI, Hazing, and Harassment, Title IX training, and any other federal, state, and university mandated training. Youcan access the online training at https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/training/orientation/ or completethe training in person or via Zoom. In person and Zoom training opportunities will be posted onInsideEWU and are listed on Human Resources’ https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/training/.
Note: Interviews might be conducted via Zoom (camera must be enabled). Candidates must be able to demonstrate competence using these technologies.
Salary Information: The expected salary upon hire is $69,854.
Posting Date: 03/28/2023
Open Until Further Notice: Yes
Screening to Begin: 04/17/2023
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/10359
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More searches like this
- Business & Management Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Cheney
- Business & Management Heads of department / Chairs of department jobs in Cheney
- Business & Management Other Senior Management jobs in Cheney
- Business & Management Academic Posts jobs in Cheney
- Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Cheney