Student Success and Early Intervention Specialist
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- PA1 2BE, Paisley
- Grade 6: £39,592 - £47,047 per annum
- 29 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Student Success Hub
Paisley Campus with travel to other campuses when needed.
Student Success and Early Intervention Specialist – REQ002046
The Students Success Hub is looking to recruit four Student Success Early Intervention Specialists to work on an institutional priority focused on the successful retention of new and current students. The postholder will provide leadership on student transitions and early interventions to support the UWS retention and progression priorities.
The postholder will work with a key academic School and professional services colleagues, providing their School with information and direction to improve and develop transition, induction, engagement, retention, and progression of students. Working collaboratively with colleagues across UWS, utilising matrix working, and a Business Partner model will ensure a joined up and seamless service for students.
The postholder will be expected to review data and analytics relating to student engagement and performance, identifying where additional support is needed to mitigate against risk.
The post will involve one-to-one conversations with students as well as workshops or group sessions with cohorts as needed, providing expert guidance to students identified as “at risk” of being unable to complete their current journey and provide clear advice on next steps.
We are looking for a highly motivated, student-focused individual to provide anticipatory, responsive, and proactive support for successful journeys.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Educated to Degree level
- Significant experience of data analysis and working with dashboards
- Significant experience of working in an HE environment
- Experience of influencing change
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to students on issues relating to their academic journey.
- Ability to interpret and analyse student documentation, reports and draw conclusions from data sources and provide recommendations
- Understanding of module and programme design and curriculum development
- Outstanding team-working and collaborative skills
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities
Closing Date: Monday 10th April 2023
Interview Date: Monday 17th – Wednesday 19th April 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.